Create a shipment from a supplier packing list
In order to create a stock movement from a supplier, Go to Inbound > Create Inbound Movement.
This will bring up first page of the stock movement work flow. On this page, you can provide the basic information about your stock movement:
Note that the destination of the stock movement has already been prefilled for me. Because I was logged into Lisungwi warehouse, and I created an Inbound stock movement, Openboxes knows that my destination should be Lisungwi warehouse.
Here is a guide to the remaining fields:
- Description: Put a description of the shipment that will help you remember what it is. It could be anything - PO number, description of items - whatever is meaningful to you
- Origin: The origin is where the shipment is coming from. If you start typing the name of the supplier location, it should appear in the dropdown menu. If it does not, you will have to create the location
- Destination: The place where the shipment is going. For an inbound shipment, this will autofill to your current location
- Stock list: Leave this field blank unless you are creating a shipment from a stock list
- Requested by: The person who requested the goods in the shipment. If there is no specific requestor, you can choose to put someone else who is important to the shipment (creator, person who placed the PO, etc). If the requestor is not in the system, you will have to create a person.
- Date requested: The date the request for these items was made. If there was no specific request date, you could use the date the PO was placed or the date shipped.
Once you have filled out all of the required fields, press next to go to the next page
On this page, you can add items to your incoming shipment.
Find a product to add to your shipment by searching either the name or the product code in the item dropdown. Select the product you want from the list that appears. If the item has a lot number or expiry date, you can add them in the designated fields.
Add a quantity for each item.
You also have the option to add packing information in the pallet and box fields and to add a recipient to the shipment.
Recipients indicate if an item needs to be issued to a particular person.
Once you have added all of your items to the shipment, press next to move to the next page. Note: The Next button will be disabled until one line item is added to the shipment.
The next page shows a summary of your shipment. Review the details of the shipment to be sure they are correct. If you find errors, you can press previous to go back and make changes.
After you have reviewed the information, choose your shipment date, shipment type, and expected receipt date. Shipment date defaults to the current time. Only change it if you are entering a shipment that happened in the past. For shipment type, choose between land, sea, air, and suitcase. For delivery date, choose the date you expect the shipment to arrive at the destination. You also have the option to add a tracking no (this could be an AWB, BOL# container no, or other useful tracking code). If appropriate, you can put the name of the driver for reference. And finally, you have the option to leave a comment.
You can download an automatically generated packing list and delivery note from this page. You also have the option to upload documents related to the shipment.
Once you have entered each field and verified that the information is correct, press "send shipment." Your shipment has now been sent and the items have been removed from inventory. You will be redirected to the shipment view page, where you can see the details of the shipment, including the new status, "shipped."