View Outbound Shipments
Outbound Shipments or Outbound Stock Movements are shipments leaving a particular location to another destination. We can only view Outbound shipments for the location that we are logged in to. For example, if I am in Lisungwi Warehouse, I can only view shipments leaving the Lisungwi Warehouse.
We can view Outbound Shipments for a location through the Dashboard Indicator or through the Top Menu Bar. This document focuses on viewing a list of outbound shipments. To learn about individual shipments or the Shipment detail page, please see this document.
- First, we will see the different ways how we can get to the Outbound Shipments List.
- Second, we will look at the details of the Outbound Shipments List page.
👁View and Search
We can view Outbound Shipments through the Dashboard Indicator or through the Top Menu Bar.
You can add the Outgoing Stock Movement in Progress dashboard indicator to your dashboard. See this article on configuring your dashboard indicators.
On this Dashboard Indicator, you can click on one of the columns and OpenBoxes will load the Outbound Movements List page with the corresponding filter applied.
Top Menu Bar
On the Top Menu Bar, click on Outbound > List Outbound Movements to load the Outbound Movement List page.
Outbound Shipment List Page
- My Stock Movements: Clicking on this button will filter the Shipments List to show only the shipments that were Requested by and Created by you.
- Create Stock Movement: This option allows users to create a stock movement from the List page.
Below the Header, we have the filters for Outbound Movement List. Users can filter by Requisition Status, Destination, Shipment type, Requested By, Created By, Updated By, Request type, Created after, and Created before. The Origin defaults to the location you are viewing, Freetown Office in the screenshot above. The Origin cannot be changed. If you wish to view Stock Movements leaving another location, switch your location using the Location Chooser.
You can also hover over a field to display a tooltip with field information. In the screenshot above, I hovered over the Requisition Status. For fields where we can select multiple selections to filter by, we can see the number of options selected. See the Requisition Status above; I selected Created as the filter.
To Apply the selected filters, click on Search.
To Remove the selected filters, users can either click on 'x' for each field or click on 'Clear' to remove all filters.
- For each Shipment line, there are three dots on the left side that allow users to see the stock movement in detail, Edit Stock Movement, and Delete Stock Movement. Users need appropriate permissions to see certain options.
- The # Items Column shows how many items are included in each shipment.
- The status columns shows individuals statuses for each shipment.
- Created: This shipment has items added to be shipped / Items are being added to this shipment.
- Verifying: The quantity of items added to this shipment needs to be finalized.
- Picking: The inventory selection needs to be finalized.
- Picked: This shipment is ready to be shipped. The packing information may need to be entered.
- Issued: This shipment has been shipped out.
- Checking: This shipment is ready to be shipped.
- Users can click on the Identifier or Name hyperlinks to go to the Shipment detail page.
- The Destination is where the Shipment is going.
- If the shipment was created from a Stocklist, the stocklist name will be shown in the Stocklist column.
- The Requested by column shows who requested the shipment.
- The Date Requested is the date the requestor submitted the item request, either by paper, email or electronically.
- The Date Created is the date the shipment was created in OpenBoxes.