Introduction to Product Family
The Product Family feature in OpenBoxes offers a way to link all related items together. This feature expands on Product Substitution by grouping all sizes of a product together. For example, all Nasogastric Feeding Tubes could be grouped in the same Product Family together.
The Product Family functions as a parent to a group of products. It is a many-to-one relationship and can be added during Product Creation or Editing.
To learn more about viewing and creating Product Family, click here.
When a product is added to a Product Family, you can see this information in various pages, reports, and lists in OpenBoxes. See below for a full list of pages where you can see this information:
- Electronic Stock Card
- In the Electronic Stock Card, you can see the Product Family above the Product Name and in the left-hand Details Box.
- Stock History PDF
- In the Stock History PDF, you can see the Product Family above the Product Name.
- Product List Page
- On the Product List Page, there is a column displaying Product Family.
- You can also search for products in a specific Product Family by using the Product Family filter.
- Product Export and Import Files
- When Exporting Products from the Product List page, the file has a separate column for Product Family.
When importing Products into OpenBoxes, you can add Product Family in the import file.
You can see Product Family information in the following reports:
- Bin Location Report
- In Stock Report
- On Orders Report
- Cycle Count Report
- Expired Products Report
- Expiring Products Report
- Consumption Report
- Request Detail Report
- Transaction Report
- Inventory by Location Report